Haven In is a great place to work and we’re often looking for smart people who adore Paris to join our boutique vacation rental business. If you don't see the job that suits your skills, we'd like to hear from you anyway. There may be something down the road just perfect for you.
To apply for any position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Our apartment owners are looking for professional, friendly, organized, and extremely customer-oriented individuals to manage their Paris apartments, which would include greeting Haven in Paris clients. A love of Paris is a must. Sharing this love a must as well.
The ideal candidate must be resourceful and possess a high level of common sense, initiative, and coordination skills. Candidates must be able to work independently (including weekends) and be located in Paris. Candidate should speak both French and English.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting Haven in Paris clients
- Organizing clients’ arrival when applicable
- Encouraging the enjoyment of the property by clients and provide an excellent client experience before and during their stay. Managers are also greeters, and should reflect a commitment to extraordinary customer service.
- Maintaining apartment in excellent condition, coordinating and overseeing all necessary repairs in a timely manner.
- Managing the cleaner or cleaning team for the apartment.
- Facilitating the efficient operation of the apartment, and communicates with the Owner and Haven in Paris to ensure proper maintenance of the apartment.
- Serving as a liaison between the Owner and Haven in Paris, acting as the primary contact person and all-knowing apartment resource.
HiP Paris Blog Intern (Paris-based)
HiP Paris is an established Anglophone Paris blog covering the latest in Parisian food and lifestyle. We are looking for an editorial intern to be our on-the-ground person in Paris to help us with the following:
- Sourcing images for bi/tri-weekly blog posts
- Preparing posts on our CMS
- Staying on the pulse of Paris happenings in food, wine, fashion and shopping
- Writing and photography
- Social Media
- Are a native English speaker and speak good French
- Have strong attention to detail
- Are passionate about Paris and everything food, drink, fashion
- Have a strong aesthetic sense and good taste
- Are able to work with and incorporate multiple visions easily
- Have your finger on the pulse of Parisian lifestyle happenings
- Have editorial experience and strong writing skills
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are able to take a project and run with it with limited supervision
- Respond well to detail-oriented feedback (we love perfectionists)
This is a part-time internship for 4-months (max 20hrs/week). Your remuneration during the 4-month period will be in the form of exposure, through the opportunity to write and photograph for us, and school credit if applicable. The primary focus of this internship, though, will be back-end blog work.
Potential for being hired on a part-time basis after the 4-month period.
We are looking for a go-getter who will be devoted to our project and who is eager to grow with the company. We want to help develop your talent and nurture your growth. We are looking for someone to be our brand ambassador in Paris, so this should be your primary editorial focus.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 samples of editorial work. If you don’t have any published editorial work yet, please send us a list of some of your favorite blogs and/or photography websites that you feel define your personal aesthetic.
Sales & Service Specialist (full-time)
We're looking for a smart, self-motivated and customer-oriented Sales & Service Specialist to join our boutique apartment rental team, handling sales inquiries and ensuring the client rental experience is smooth and stress-free.
The ideal candidate must be energetic, creative, resourceful, and must enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial, highly fluid environment. The position requires excellent sales, writing, editing, communication and organization skills, as well as a gift for developing professional relationships online.
The candidate must be able to work independently to keep up with our fast-paced environment and be willing to put in the hours (including weekends) needed to book rentals in our properties. The candidate will ideally be located in Maine, but have the ability to travel for training and on an as-needed basis. We will also accept applications from candidates located on the East Coast. This is a full-time, work-from-home position.
• Respond to and monitor sales inquiries submitted to our site, with the goal of achieving full occupancy for our roster of vacation apartments and villas.
• Remain on top of all inquiries, following up in a timely manner in order to book rentals, using creative ways to balance and prioritize the volume of inquiries.
• Handle the response and booking process to customers' inquiries in conjunction with our current team, but sometimes working entirely independently.
• Answer questions and solve issues from property owners, service professionals and our apartment rental clients in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Experience in e-mail communications in an online customer service or sales environment.
• Excellent communication skills with customers.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Amazing ability to prioritize and juggle tasks based on value to business at any given time.
• Strong familiarity with much of Paris, the major sites and the neighborhoods.
• Must be able to write and speak French at a conversational level.
• Ability to approach problematic situations with common sense and calm.
• Ability to learn Internet-based tools quickly.
• Accounting skills useful.
• All applicants must be able to legally live and work in the U.S.
• Maine resident preferred; East Coast applicants accepted Schedule flexibility is key, as this position will include weekends.
If you have experience in the following areas, please also include these skills in your application:
• Project management experience
• Marketing and branding experience
• Editorial experience