Menerbes Designer VillaBack to Provence
This boutique Provence villa rental is located in Menerbes, the peaceful hilltop town, in the heart of the Luberon region of Provence, immortalized in Peter Mayle’s “A Year in Provence.” This historic house is actually the former town post office now elegantly restored and stylishly furnished as a chic vacation rental. In an original twist of nature and architecture this holiday home is built into the natural cliff face of the ancient village.
Your private 5-bedroom/4.5-bathroom 5,000 square foot (450m2) villa has a private courtyard, rooftop terrace and panoramic views of the Luberon valley from each bedroom and en-suite bathroom. The villa can accommodate up to 10 people (and 2 more with the accompanying guest unit, please inquire). This Provence rental is perfect for a group of friends, families, couples traveling together, looking to spread out and enjoy French living at its best.
The home’s spacious interior is tastefully decorated in a comfortable, contemporary style perfect for lounging and enjoying a leisurely French countryside vacation. This stunning holiday rental is an eclectic mix of light colors, stone and glass, original wood beams, sunlight, and outstanding views of Provence.
The open living and dining room includes a fireplace surrounded by designer sofas and art deco armchairs. The owner has decorated with artifacts from his own worldwide travels, including Italian prints and lithographs, Vietnamese contemporary art and Provencal paintings. The fully equipped chefs’ kitchen boasts modern amenities (Smeg oven, Siemens dishwasher, full-sized refrigerator with ice machine and chilled water) and a lovely breakfast nook. The courtyard underneath the stone façade is the ideal spot to dine al fresco.
This floor has a water closet (with sink and toilet) and a full pantry with washer and dryer.
A winding beech wood staircase leads up through all 3 floors of the house.
First Floor (North American 2nd floor)
This floor houses two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and a comfortable sitting area. The décor is light and airy with a distinct Moroccan feel.
Second Floor (North American 3rd floor)
The second floor, with its original exposed beams, has three bedrooms (one with open en-suite bath and private toilet), and two of the bedrooms share , a bathroom with shower, and separate toilet accessed off the landing area.
There is also a shared living area, a tv, game and dvd area
Third Floor (North American 4th floor)
A small open office with computer, printer/fax and scanner is located on this level. There is also access from here to the stunning rooftop terrace. With its lounge chairs and parasol, the terrace is the perfect place for chilled rose at sunset while admiring the sweeping views of the serene valley below. From here you can also see Gordes, Roussillon, Lumieres, Goult and Mont Ventoux.
Attached to the luxury villa is a separate apartment with its own entrance from the exterior, an entrance from the villa’s courtyard and an entrance from the ground floor living room. This spot is a perfect private retreat for in-laws or grown-up children. It includes a mezzanine living room, kitchen-breakfast area, and bedroom with double bed. Please note: the exposed stone shower and water closet must be accessed through the private courtyard. This space can be included in your rental at an extra fee. Please inquire.
Tiny Menerbes is a gorgeous hilltop haven in the Luberon region of Provence. Families who were born and bred here share the village with an eclectic group of artists, writers and travelers from across the globe. It’s the perfect place to begin or resume your discovery of Provence’s natural beauty, intriguing history and seductively unhurried way of life.
Room by room, your Provence villa rental includes:
Living Room & Dining Area
• Dining table that can seat up to 12 people
• Lloyd Loom sofas and art deco chairs
• Access to courtyard with dining table that can accommodate up to 6 and Weber gas barbecue
• Access to the rustic side house that can sleep 2 for an extra charge; this little house is only ever rented to people using the Menerbes villa at the same time.
• Dining table that can seat up to 9 people
• Fully equipped with all appliances, cookware, dishes, & cutlery
• Smeg professional stove and oven, U.S.-style refrigerator & freezer with ice machine and chilled water feature, stocked with the basics when you arrive
• High-end appliances including dishwasher, coffee maker, microwave, food processor, milk shake machine and smoothie maker
• Maytag washing machine and dryer, iron and ironing board
• WC with toilet on the ground level for your convenience
• Library offers comfortable armchairs, a backgammon table and a view onto the courtyard
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
• A master suite with a king bed (180x190cm, can be split into 2 singles) & full private en suite bathroom (with a Luberon valley view) with bath/shower, sink & toilet.
• A second master suite with a queen bed (160x203 cm) & full private en suite bathroom (again, with a Luberon valley view) with bath/shower, sink & toilet.
• Living area offers a stereo/CD, satellite TV and DVD player, with an excellent selection of English-language and foreign films and many games as well. This comfortable space has old stone walls, a beamed ceiling and enormous floor to ceiling glass windows.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
• A third master suite with a queen bed (160x203 cm) & full private en suite bathroom (again, with a Luberon valley view) with bath/shower, sink & a separate water closet.
• A fourth bedroom with a king bed (180x190 cm, can be split into 2 singles) plus a shower room (shared with the fifth bedroom) and a separate water closet.
• A fifth bedroom with a king bed (180x190 cm, can be split into 2 singles) plus a shower room (shared with the fourth bedroom) and a separate water closet.
• Please note the en-suite bathrooms do not all have doors and the large en-suite master bathroom on the first floor has an open window between the bathroom and bedroom thus limiting privacy.
All of the bedrooms are designed with comfort in mind: beds have high quality Frette sheets and bath linens, and Provencal toiletries.
When the beds are made up as kings, we use a high quality king-size mattress protector & linens so you will not feel any separation between the two beds.
Access to the rooftop terrace with small table and chairs and two lounge chairs. Panoramic views.
There is also a small office like space perfect for working in peace, when necessary.
• Guests have access to the private swimming pool at a Le Roy Soleil hotel a 3 minute drive from the village or a 15 minute walk; please let your greeter arrange for your pool visit
• Parking is possible on the street in front of the villa, or in the municipal lot just 200 paces away
• Two-hour housekeeping visit twice weekly and end of-stay clean for one week stays; additional two-hour Saturday linen change for stays longer than a week.
• Daily housekeeping service can be arranged for an additional charge
• Hairdryers, l’Occitane toiletries, Frette towels and bathrobes, pure cotton bed linen
• Phone and fax facilities (itemized billing deducted from your security deposit)
• Satellite TV, DVD player (selection of English-language, international and children’s films), stereo, CD player (with classical/contemporary CDs)
• To help parents travel light, the villa provides: children’s cots, DVDs, books, toys, games and ideas for kid-friendly activities in the area
- Coffee maker
- DVD's: Selection in flat
- Food Processor
- Crib (bedding not included)
- DVD player - European only
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Linens & Towels
- Washing Machine
- Panoramic View
- Rooftop Terrace
- Cable TV
BedsBedroom 11 king bed (or 2 singles)Bedroom 21 queenBedroom 31 queenBedroom 41 king bed (or 2 singles)Bedroom 51 king bed (or 2 singles)
BathroomsBathroom 1(En suite full bath) toilet, sink, combination tub/showerBathroom 2(En suite full bath) toilet, sink, tub, showerBathroom 3(En suite half bath) toilet, sink, tub, hand held shower headbathroom 4(Half bath) sink, shower (WC is separate.)Bathroom 5(Half bath) toilet (Located on 2nd floor.)Bathroom 6(Half bath) toilet, sink (Located on ground floor.)
- SECURITY DEPOSIT NOTE: The security deposit procedure for the Menerbes Villa is different from our other properties. For this property, the security deposit amount is the equivalent of €1500 in USD, which can be settled either by check or wire in USD or by filling out a credit card authorization form; we do not accept cash upon arrival. If you choose to submit a credit card authorization form, we will charge the equivalent of 1500 Euros in USD to your card. Upon your departure, if there is no documented damage to the property, we will refund your card or send you a check (depending on how you paid). If any damages occur during your stay, we will discuss them with you first, and then refund your security deposit, minus any damage fees. Please note:
- The check in time for this villa is 5:00 PM and the check out time is 9:00 AM.
- This house is situated over four floors with stairs accessing all levels. It is not appropriate for someone who has trouble climbing stairs. Small children must be watched at all times and you would know best if this type of living situation is appropriate for your family.
- The en-suite bathrooms do not all have doors. The large en-suite master bathroom on the first floor has an open window between the bathroom and bedroom, thus limiting privacy.
All Rentals Include
JAN 11 - APR 5, 2014from $729 per night
APR 5 - MAY 3, 2014from $871 per night
MAY 3 - SEPT 20, 2014from $914 per night
SEPT 20 - NOV 1, 2014from $843 per night
NOV 1 - DEC 6, 2014from $729 per night
DEC 6, 2014 - JAN 10, 2015from $871 per night
- Monthly rates based on 28 days for rentals of one month. Longer rentals follow the calendar month.
- Price based on standard occupancy. Larger groups please inquire. Additional fees may apply. Inquire about specials Currency Converter
Unique boutique rentals. Timeless elegance and charm with full amenities and service.
Each vacation and corporate apartment and villa rental selected for the finest level of quality, comfort and privacy.
On your own but never alone: personal welcome, 24/7 availability.
Quality linens and towels, welcome package, and luxe amenities.
Real vacation and corporate homes in local neighborhoods.
There’s no better place to settle into the relaxed rhythm of Southern France than in Provence. The area abounds in sensory pleasures, like the scent of lush lavender fields, earthy olive orchards, and fresh farmers market produce. Taste your way through the region’s vineyards, take in historic Provençal hilltop villages by foot or stunning road routes by bicycle, try your hand at early-morning antiquing, or simply enjoy a pre-dinner glass of pastis en plein air. Soak in the calmly intoxicating ambiance of bucolic Provence.
- Antique Markets
- Boulangeries, pâtisseries, and fromageries
- Châteauneuf du Pape
- Côtes-du-Rhône Vineyards
- Daily Food & Produce Markets
- Isle sur la Sorgue
- Le Luberon
- Mont Ventoux
- Peter Mayle's Provence
- Wine Tasting
Parting is very bittersweet! What an enjoyable if too short stay we had. Everything was wonderful. Until the next time! A la prochainem merci infiniment!!!
Thanks for the great hospitality in such a wonderful part of the world! A great time has been had - merci!!
Thank you for the opportunity of staying in your sensational house. How rare to find such exquisite taste yet quirky and enjoyable. Menerbes far exceeded our expectations and only the excessive heat prevented us from enjoying more fully the apartment. We barely scratched the surface so...we'll be back!
After writing about this place for years, it was gratifying to discover that it's far more spectacular than any of my imaginary words could have captured. Thanks for an incredibly restorative, life-changing week. Will be back.
Philippe, For this to be perfect, you should have been here sipping great wine with us. What a wonderful experience! Next time you must be around. Cheers!
What a wonderful place for us to meet as a family - we loved the village and the house. The guys loved the wee local pub, with Dennis and Patrick. We ate heaps of wonderful food and drank great wine. Thank you so much.
The property is very historical and was recently totally rebuilt in an amazing fashion. It is very contemporary and new, but is built up against a huge rock wall. In fact, the rock wall is the back wall of the interior of the home. Very interesting and my daughter-in-law walked in and just screamed, "This is my dream home!" There is a roof deck that allows for wonderful evenings as the sun sets over one of the most beautiful places we've ever been. The view from up there is to die for. We have already and will continue to recommend the place. No questions... the location is perfect, the home is more than perfect, and we had a wonderful time.
Provencale Heaven! Can't think of a better place to spend our 25th wedding anniversary. The views over the valley are spectacular and a bath at home will never seem the same again. Ten fantastic days of walking and exploring and in particular partaking in an evening aperitif at the tabac, listening to the local gossip. Thank you Philippe for sharing your home with us for our special anniversary. It will live in our memory for a long time. We just need to drink in the views for one last time... A bientot.
Thank you, yet again for a fabulous stay. We found plenty more things to discover that we hadn't had the opportunity of doing last time. The house was still as gorgeous as we remembered and the weather unfailingly sunny - the use of the pool was much appreciated!
Many thanks for such a wonderful time in your beautiful house - third time and still "the charm." We are counting the days between now and our next visit to the Post Office for more rosé, cheese, croissants and good fun. A bientot!
Wonderful time, fabulous home, beautiful town, great friends. We loved it all. Thank you so very much. Merci beaucoup!
What a great place to meet our kids and their friends. So close to all the sites but a hideout from the tourists - we didn't consider ourselves "one of them".
We had an amazing time here. The house was more than we expected and the bathroom was the best! We'll miss sleeping with the windows open and seeing the sunrise and set each day. (One night, we even saw a double rainbow!) I'm going back to the states to install a disco ball out on our patio! Thanks so much!