UniversitéBack to Paris
Experience Paris as a local from the charm and comfort of this extraordinary 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment (115 sq. meter) in the heart of the "quartier antiquaire," or art and antique district. Nestled between a private mansion and a large airy courtyard in a quiet residential neighborhood on the elegant rue de l'Université, this chic home offers a privileged location just one block from the Musée d'Orsay and among a multitude of exclusive art and antique galleries.
Located on the first floor (second American floor) of a Haussmannian building with elevator, this spacious and luxurious Paris rental apartment has just undergone an extensive renovation to combine its lovely original hardwood floors and working fireplace with a state-of-the-art gourmet kitchen and modern bathrooms. Professionally designed and decorated, this magnificent Paris apartment - formerly home to a US ambassador - offers the perfect balance of modern style with classic Parisian furnishings and fixtures.
The large windows and advantageous exposure on both sides of the home provide abundant natural light. The living room, dining room and one of three bedrooms overlook the beautiful neighboring mansion and private gardens. From the front of the building, you can see the Musée D'Orsay, walk two blocks to the Seine, or three blocks to a pedestrian bridge that takes you across to the Tuilerie gardens and the Louvre. This fine residence is the perfect base from which you can explore many of Paris' most popular attractions, including restaurants, cafes, boutiques, museums, gardens, markets, and much more.
For guests who like to cook and entertain at home, the apartment's light-filled salon provides an open and convivial space in which to relax after a day of exploring the city. The room leads into a modern kitchen with open dining area, where friends and family can gather to share pre-dinner cocktails or to cook using fresh ingredients that you've picked up at a nearby farmer's market. Relax in front of the living room's large flat-screen TV (one of four in the apartment), or enjoy your favorite music using the state-of-the-art iPod dock. The living room looks out over a peaceful private garden, and while guests do not have direct access to this garden, your proximity to it will allow you to enjoy its quiet atmosphere.
The apartment also includes three luxurious bedrooms, all outfitted with high-end linens and ample closet space. The master bedroom has a king size bed, while the two guest rooms have queen size beds (both of which can be split into two singles). All of the bedrooms were recently redecorated with lush fabrics and luxurious decorative details. Guests here will feel that they have slipped away into a world where comfort and luxury blend seamlessly to create an experience that is both refined and relaxed, decadent and completely comfortable.
Room by room, your luxury Paris vacation rental includes...
• A warm and inviting foyer welcomes you into the apartment
• Hardwood floors and elegant moldings
Living Room / Salon:
• Hardwood floors
• Two floor-to-ceiling French windows overlook a private garden
• Working marble fireplace
• Seating area with two velvet couches, two armchairs, antique bench, and marble coffee table
• iPod dock for your listening convenience
• Large flat-screen TV with cable service
• DVD player
• Wooden dining table (seats up to 6)
• Home office area with Dell laptop computer & Epson printer / copier / scanner
• Flat-screen TV with cable
• Dell Laptop Computer with high speed Wi-Fi internet access (can receive incoming faxes)
• Fully equipped for your cooking needs
• Refrigerator / Freezer
• Full dishwasher
• 3-burner induction stove
• Full-size oven (with convection function)
• Microwave & Toaster
• Nespresso machine & standard coffee maker
• Hand-blender and other useful kitchen appliances
• Plenty of dishes, flatware, pots and pans for your convenience
Master bedroom and en suite bathroom:
• King-size bed with high quality fresh linens
• Large antique dresser and two bedside tables
• Large flat-screen TV and DVD player
• Large walk-in closet w/ shelves, drawers and hanging space
• Window that can be opened to provide ample sunlight and fresh air
• En suite bathroom: Large white marble sink, plenty of counter space, over-sized marble tub with handset and rain shower, toilet, cabinet space, large window that provides natural light, plenty of fresh towels for your comfort
• Access to second bathroom and two back bedrooms
• Laundry area including washer / dryer
• Full-size walk-in shower w/ hand-set and rain shower
• White marble sink
• Heated towel rack
• Plenty of fresh towels and fluffy robes for your comfort
• Queen-size bed (can split into 2 singles)
• Two bedside tables
• Luxurious linens and curtains
• Large window overlooks quiet private garden
• Large wood-paneled walk-in closet with plenty of shelves, drawers, and hanging space
• Queen-size bed (can split into 2 singles)
• Two bedside tables
• Luxurious linens and curtains
• Large window overlooks quiet interior courtyard
• Large closet with ample drawer, shelf and hanging space
• Flat-screen TV and DVD player
• Large wooden dresser
From this elegant pied-à-terre, guests have easy access to all major Left Bank sites. After you've visited the world renowned Musée d'Orsay, spend some time exploring smaller attractions, like the glorious Musée Rodin and its surrounding gardens. Or simply stroll through the St. Germain-des-Prés neighborhood, exploring antique shops and art galleries, and ducking in and out of ancient churches. Stop for an afternoon coffee at the famous Café de Flore, where Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir philosophized nearly a century ago. Foodies won't want to miss the Grande Epicerie at the Bon Marché department store, where you can pick up prepared foods, fresh produce, breads, cheese, wines, and artisanal products from throughout France and beyond. On Sundays, visit the organic open air market on the nearby Boulevard Raspail.
For those craving outdoor space, the nearby Jardin du Luxembourg provides the perfect backdrop for a morning stroll or an afternoon picnic. Or simply meander along the banks of the Seine, stopping at merchant stalls along the way to browse antique books and vintage posters.
Whether you are traveling with family, friends, or colleagues, this elegant apartment affords a the perfect retreat in one of Paris' most sought-after neighborhoods.
All Rentals Include
MAR 15 - OCT 31from €1143 per night
NOV 1 - MAR 15from €929 per night
DEC 20 - JAN 4from €1314 per night
AUGfrom €1014 per night
MAR 1-9from €929 per night
- Monthly rates based on 28 days for rentals of one month. Longer rentals follow the calendar month.
- Rate based on 6 person occupancy. US$250 per week, or part thereof, charge per person for extra people. Inquire about specials Currency Converter
Unique boutique rentals. Timeless elegance and charm with full amenities and service.
Each vacation and corporate apartment and villa rental selected for the finest level of quality, comfort and privacy.
On your own but never alone: personal welcome, 24/7 availability.
Quality linens and towels, welcome package, and luxe amenities.
Real vacation and corporate homes in local neighborhoods.
- All of Central Paris
- Bon Marche Department Store
- Boulangeries, pâtisseries, and fromageries
- Luxembourg Garden
- Musée d'Orsay
- Notre Dame
- Organic market
- Rodin Museum
- Seine River
- Trendy boutiques, cafes & restaurants
- Tuileries Garden
We had a wonderful stay in Paris! The Universite apartment was a comfortable and convenient home base. We were greeted by Olivier Fourcade, who was helpful with our luggage upon arrival and departure, and took us through the ins and outs apartment. The welcome goodies (macarons, coffee, wine and waters) added a special touch. We used a few of your recommended service providers and highly endorse each one. Andy Waters, who is a pleasant and talkative chap, drove us from the airport to the apartment. Andy also helped arrange a driver for us back to the airport, since he was out of town. Although he does not drive a luxury van, he was very professional and I would use him again. After contacting 4 sitters from your list, we hired Sophie for one afternoon. Her English is perfect and she is very sweet and mature. Our girls (10, 9, & 7) really enjoyed her and I would definitely hire her again. We also had a family photo shoot around Paris with Audrey and Anthony of One and Only Paris Photographers. They were very professional, talented, and easy to work with -- and our photos are amazing. This is a great way to capture a special trip to Paris. Don't miss out! And last but not least, you all at HiP run an extremely tight, detailed, and professional operation. I've worked with many rental companies in various vacation locales and HiP stands far above the rest!!
The Haven in Paris team was very professional and service-oriented. The property (Universite, in Paris) was excellent. The location was perfect, the building very quiet and rather up-scale. The master bedroom/ bathroom are wonderfully spacious. The second bath is more typically "European" and "tight" to share between four adults, but certainly not impossibe. The kitchen and living area are great for six. I would highly recommend this apartment and I was very pleased with the level of service and support from Haven in Paris. This was a fabulous foundation for a great Paris vacation!
We really enjoyed our stay at Université. The apartment is wonderful, very french and cute, a luxury in the perfect location:the heart of the quartier of antiquaires. The apartment is elegant and beautifully appointed with everything one could ask: very comfortable beds, wonderful baths, lovely neighborhood, Internet access and computer available, flat screen in all the bedrooms and luxurious decorative details. I highly recommend the experience of renting and HIP, from the reservation process to the end of our stay the experience has answered all of our expectations. Merci HIP.