Fontvieille RetreatBack to Provence
- 4 Bedrooms
Beds / Sleeps 10
Kids ok: all ages
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- 200m2 or 2153 sq ft - 2 levels
This lovely stone house with a garden, terrace, and large heated pool is a perfect holiday rental for families or friends seeking comfort, fun, and beauty in Provence. Built in the 1800s with local stones, the house was fully renovated in 2012. The owner, a French interior designer, decorated the house with taste, passion, and modern amenities. The prime location of this four-bedroom, three-and-a-half-bathroom home is within walking distance of the nearby Provençale village of Fontvieille and an easy drive to Arles and St Rémy de Provence. You may be close to town but will feel as though you are in a tranquil countryside retreat.
On the main floor of the house is a fully-equipped kitchen and a double-living room with plenty of space to spread out and settle in.
Privately located down a hallway from the rest of the home is the TV room, which can function as an extra bedroom using the double sofa bed. There is an additional WC and sink conveniently nearby.
Up one flight of stairs, a master bedroom suite features a king bed, air conditioning, and en suite bathroom. On the same floor, a second bedroom with two twin beds and air conditioning shares a bathroom with the third bedroom, which has one twin bed.
The Poolside Studio, located across the garden from the Main House, is an ideal space for members of the group who are seeking a bit more intimacy. Guests will enjoy the quiet 40 m2 living space with air conditioning, queen bed, bathroom and WC, and even its own mini-kitchen.
More than 1000 square meters of outdoor space includes two terraces, one that faces north and is ideal for lunches when the sun is high at the height of summer, and another that faces south, a perfect setting for late afternoon aperitifs and indulgent dinners. A designer glass-gated, heated pool (4 x 14 meters) is at the heart of the outdoor space. The surrounding Mediterranean garden features olive trees and herbs that can be used for cooking up the delicious finds from many nearby daily food and produce markets. An outdoor barbeque grill will help make for memorable meals shared altogether al fresco.
This beloved home is the owner’s personal vacation home and they are pleased to share it with you. You will have access to their book and DVD collection, a Bonzini foosball table, a ping-pong table, and petanque area.
The nearby picturesque village of Fontvieille, once the home of French author Alphonse Daudet, is full of cafés, restaurants, bakeries, a post office, shops, and a darling food market on Monday and Friday mornings. Exploring the rest of Provence by car is a breeze: Arles is less than a 15 minute drive away, St Rémy about 20 minutes, Avignon about 30 minutes, and Aix-en-Provence, the Châteauneuf-du-Pape vineyards, and the Mediterranean Sea are all less than an hour away.
- Coffee maker
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Handheld Mixer
- Oven/ microwave combo
- Stove (electric)
- Air conditioning
- Double Glazed Windows
- Family Friendly
- Fireplace - decorative
- Heating -Included
- Heating Throughout
- Hot Water Heater
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Linens & Towels
- Washer/Dryer Combo
- Outdoor barbeque
- Outdoor dining area
- Ping Pong
- Private Parking
- Cable TV
- CD Player
- DVD player - European only
- Flat Screen TV
- iPod Dock
BedsMaster Bedroom1 king (bed 180x200cm. South and west facing, with en suite bathroom and dressing room. Equipped with mosquito shields.)Single Room1 twin/single (bed 90x200cm. Cozy north-facing room. Equipped with mosquito shields.)Double Bedroom2 twin/singles (beds 90x200cm each. Very bright, south-facing room. Equipped with mosquito shields and Bonzini foosball table.)TV Room1 sleep sofa (bed 150x200cm. West & north-facing room located on ground floor near entrance of the house. Isolated from the rest of the home by doors and corridor for perfect privacy. Equipped with mosquito shields.)Poolside Studio(studio) 1 queen (bed 160x200cm. Separate from the main house and designed like a hotel suite, this quiet studio is equipped with AC, private bathroom, WC, and kitchen.)
BathroomsBathroom 2(Full bath) toilet, sink, rainshower, towel warmer (Shared by Single and Double Bedrooms)Master Bathroom(En suite full bath) toilet, double sinks, tub, rainshower (en suite to Master Bedroom)Poolside Studio Bathroom(Half bath) sink, rainshower, towel warmerPoolside Studio WC(Half bath) toiletWC(Half bath) toilet, sink (on ground floor)
- The stylish and inviting designer decor
- The modern amenities inside an old stone house
- The perfect central location for exploring Provence
- The countryside feel while being close to town
- The easy drive to St Rémy-de-Provence, Arles and Camargue area
- Air conditioning is only in the three bedrooms of the Main House and the Poolside Studio.
- There is one flight of stairs in the Main House to reach the three bedrooms and two bathrooms upstairs, and also stairs in the garden to reach the pool area.
All Rentals Include
LOW SEASONfrom $595 per night
JUN 15 - SEP 15 (WEEKLY STAY)from $1075 per night
JUN 15 - SEP 15 (10+ NIGHT STAY)from $950 per night
- Monthly rates based on 28 days for rentals of one month. Longer rentals follow the calendar month.
- Price based on standard occupancy. Larger groups please inquire. Additional fees may apply. Inquire about specials Currency Converter
Unique boutique rentals. Timeless elegance and charm with full amenities and service.
Each vacation or corporate apartment and villa rental selected for their finest level of quality, comfort and privacy.
On your own but never alone: personal welcome, 24/7 availability.
Quality linens and towels, welcome package, and luxe amenities.
Real vacation and corporate homes in local neighborhoods.
- Village of Fontvieille and all its Provençale shops, bakeries, cafés, food markets, and more (walking distance from the house)
- Les Alpilles, a protected hill area, where you can go trekking or mountain biking (trails start at the end of the street!)
- Arles (10km, 12 min)
- Les Baux de Provence (9km, 10 min)
- Saint-Rémy de Provence (17km, 20 min)
- Camargue Natural Park (20km, 20 min)
- Avignon Cité des Papes (32km, 30 min)
- Nîmes (45km, 40 min)
- Les Saintes Maries de la Mer (beach on the Mediterranean Sea, 50km, 45 min)
- Châteauneuf du Pape vineyards (45km, 45 min)
- Aix-en-Provence city (75km, 50 min)
- Marseille (90km, 60 min)
- Rencontres d'Arles
- Fondation Luma