Casole d'ElsaBack to Tuscany
Set on a hill in a peaceful corner of gorgeous Tuscan countryside, this luxury villa rental combines the best of traditional Italian architecture with the comfort of modern living for your getaway in Italy. One of the very few buildings in Tuscany to be considered completely eco-friendly and energy independent, this holiday home represents the ideal coming together of luxury and environmental responsibility. For guests looking for a full Tuscan experience, this property also offers a wide range of services and activities available for an additional fee. From professional catering to wine tasting, you will find everything needed for the perfect Italian vacation.
This completely renovated villa offers six bedrooms and five bathrooms, a separate studio one-bedroom apartment, and a gorgeous infinity pool. Decorated with loving attention to detail, the 3850 square foot main villa features many details built by a local artisans, bathrooms with travertine marble sourced from a quarry just a few miles away, and a mix of family heirlooms, antique carpets, and modern artwork. The ground floor includes a spacious living room with a state of the art stainless steel kitchen. Two bedrooms complete the lower floor of the main villa: a larger room with king bed and private access to the garden, and a single bedroom with twin bed. Both rooms share a full bathroom in the hall.
The second floor proposes four bedrooms, each with their private en suite bathrooms. Three of the bedrooms offer comfortable king sized beds. The master bedroom’s en suite bathroom features a freestanding tub and walk-in rainshower, while the other en suite bathrooms all have wonderful showers. Finally, the fourth bedroom has two twin beds that can be made into a queen-size bed and en suite bathroom with shower.
The adjacent 880 square foot studio apartment features a lofted mezzanine bedroom with a king bed open to the living room and kitchen. With its two full bathrooms and comfortable sofa bed, this apartment can easily sleep up to four guests.
Step outside where you are greeted by the property’s private infinity pool, which looks out onto the enchanting, rolling hills of Tuscany. On the other side of the property, the living room opens onto a spacious terraced pergola with a large wrought-iron table for al fresco dining. A wood-burning barbecue and pizza oven are also available for dining and entertaining. A gazebo and a stone patio with comfortable chairs are situated amongst the olive groves surrounding the villa.
An eco-friendly vacation
The property uses state-of-the-art renewable energy, and includes:
- Solar /photovoltaic panels strategically placed throughout the property. This solar system provides all electricity to the property and creates a surplus.
- Solar water heating (through the use of solar thermal collector panels) provides the energy to heat the water in the villa year round.
- Geothermal energy (sourced from approx. 300 feet underground) provides a
heating and cooling system inside the house.
- Water is completely recycled thanks to a constructed wetland that purifies wastewater.
- The villa has a state-of-the-art building system with a ventilated roof to circulate air, natural plaster and wall painting, natural insulation and more.
About the area
Located just 30 miles from Florence, 30 minutes from Siena and Chianti wine country, and 15 minutes from the medieval towns of Monteriggioni, Volterra, and San Gimignagno, you could not be better situated for exploring some of Italy’s most charming and historic sites. Whether you are looking for outdoor activities such as hiking and biking, cultural excursions at local wineries and museums, or are seeking to pamper yourself at a nearby spa or at a gastronomic restaurant, the delights of Tuscany are at your fingertips.
- Coffee maker
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Stove (gas)
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Family Friendly
- Fireplace - decorative
- Hair dryer
- Heating Throughout
- High Chair
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Linens & Towels
- Panoramic View
- Washer & Dryer (separate units)
- Outdoor barbeque
- DVD player - European only
- Flat Screen TV
BedsBedroom 1 (Geranio)1 kingBedroom 2 (Flordaliso)1 twin/single (lofted bed)Bedroom 3 (Ginestra)1 kingBedroom 4 (Melograno)1 kingBedroom 5 (Dalia)1 kingBedroom 6 (Iris)1 queen bed (or 2 singles)Extra Bed -Living Room1 sleep sofa (double)Bedroom 7 (Limonia)(open sleeping area) 1 king (located in independent apartment right next to the villa)
BathroomsBathroom 1 (Full bath) toilet, sink, shower (shared between the Geranio and Fiordaliso bedrooms)Bathroom 2(En suite full bath) toilet, sink, tub, shower (adjoining Ginestra bedroom)Bathroom 3(En suite full bath) toilet, sink, combination tub/shower (adjoining Melograno bedroom)Bathroom 4(En suite full bath) toilet, sink, shower (adjoining Dalia bedroom)Bathroom 5(En suite full bath) toilet, sink, shower (adjoining Dalia bedroom)Bathroom 6(Full bath) toilet, sink, shower (located in the Limonia apartment)Bathroom 7(Full bath) toilet, sink, shower (located in the Limonia apartment)
- The wonderful welcome dinner included in your stay, prepared by a professional chef.
- The range of available services and activities: a professional chef, cooking classes, pizza or barbecue evenings, wine tastings, and more. Please inquire for rates.
- The House wine from a local organic winery, which can be purchased at the Casole d’Elsa Villa.
- The unique eco-friendly features: The villa uses only renewable energy!
- Waking up to the warm Tuscan sun and the charm of a historic home.
- Enjoying a glass of local wine while admiring the rolling Tuscan hills.
- We are offering 10% off all remaining weeks in July and August 2017
- Rentals are weekly, from Saturday to Saturday.
- This property proposes a range of additional services and activities: a professional chef, cooking classes, pizza or barbecue evenings, wine tastings, and more. Please inquire for rates.
- The owners live in a private house right next door to the villa, on the same property. They are extremely discreet and will never intrude upon your privacy unless invited. If you are seeking total isolation, this property may not be for you.
- This property can accommodate up to 12 guests, including no more than 3 children.
- Children should be supervised at all times, especially when using the pool.
- The property is heated and cooled by a geothermal system that, combined with a radiant system under the floors, provides a “cellar effect” temperature in summer with less humidity in the air (thanks to dehumidifiers) and regular heating in winter. It is important to keep windows and doors closed in order to maintain low a comfortable indoor temperature in the summer.
All Rentals Include
2017: AUG 26 - OCT 15from $1271 per night
2018: APR 28 - JUN 2from $1300 per night
2018: JUN 2 - JUN 30from $1586 per night
2018: JUN 30 - AUG 25from $1871 per night
2018: AUG 25 - OCT 13from $1300 per night
- Monthly rates based on 28 days for rentals of one month. Longer rentals follow the calendar month.
- Price based on standard occupancy. Larger groups please inquire. Additional fees may apply. Inquire about specials Currency Converter
Unique boutique rentals. Timeless elegance and charm with full amenities and service.
Each vacation and corporate apartment and villa rental selected for the finest level of quality, comfort and privacy.
On your own but never alone: personal welcome, 24/7 availability.
Quality linens and towels, welcome package, and luxe amenities.
Real vacation and corporate homes in local neighborhoods.
Lovingly known as the cradle of the Renaissance, the stunning Tuscany countryside makes for an idyllic vacation destination. Meander country roads passing through the region’s rolling hills and cypress-lined drives, discover ancient architecture and art, and sample a sweet cup of gelato. From historic piazzas to rustic coastline, Chianti to Montalcino to Montepulciano, Tuscany’s diversity offers endless possibilities. Ready for a daytrip exploring one of the world’s great art epicenters? You’re impeccably positioned to visit the likes of Florence, Siena, Arezzo, and even Rome.
- Berignone Forest
- Casole - 5 min
- Castagneto Carducci - 1 hour
- Chianti - 25 minutes
- Colle de Val D'Elsa - 10 min
- Cooking lessons in your Tuscan Villa
- Florence - Just under an hour
- Horseback Riding
- Massa Marittima - 1 hour
- Montepulciano - 1 hour & 15 min
- Monteriggioni - 20 min
- Restaurants, Shops, Supermarket - short drive
- San Galgano - 30 min
- San Gimignano - 15 min
- Siena - 25 min
- Spa nearby
- Tuscan Winery Tours
- Volterra - 20 min
- Wine Tasting
The property is fantastic as are the host and hostess, Marco and Cecilia who live nearby but are never "in your face". Everything is as good or better than it appears on Haven in Paris including the house, the pool, and the surrounding countryside. It's convenient to several typical Tuscan villages as well as Siena and Florence. We stayed for 4 weeks and had lots of visitors, all of whom loved it.