Il Melograno 3 BedroomBack to Tuscany
- 3 Bedrooms
Beds / Sleeps 6
Kids ok: all ages
- 3.5 full bathrooms Bathrooms
- 200m2 or 2153 sq ft - 3 levels
Set within the beautiful Tuscan landscape, the Il Melograno Italian villa rental is the ideal Italian holiday retreat. Completely restored in 2005, this vacation home is an antique farmhouse located within walking distance to the nearby village of San Giovanni d’Asso. The charming villa is separated into two units, each with a private entrance, living room, and kitchen, making it the perfect home for large groups looking for a touch of privacy and for smaller groups alike. The terracotta tile roof, ceramic floors, earth tones, wood beams, and many more rustic touches will charm you.
The three-bedroom space has a comfortable living room, eat-in kitchen, and guest bathroom on the ground level. The upper level features a charming second living room with fireplace. Two of the bedrooms on this level have queen beds with en suite bathrooms, while the third has two twin beds that can also be joined to form a queen, as well as a complete bathroom. All three bedrooms have AC.
The stunning private grounds of Il Melograno feature a 12x5m pool, pool house, and terrace where guests can enjoy a meal al fresco. The outdoor dining table can seat up to ten guests, and the brick pool house comes equipped with a kitchenette as well as a bathroom with shower. While there is no shortage of fabulous food in the area, guests can also enjoy pomegranates and olives from the trees on the grounds.
About San Giovanni d’Asso
Il Melograno is located in the middle of the small, romantic village of San Giovanni d’Asso, situated in the countryside just south of Siena. It is home to a beautiful ancient castle, a truffle museum, and the small 11th-century Romanesque church of San Pietro. The village offers amenities like a coop supermarket, butcher’s shop, pharmacy, general store, coffee-bar, wine and cheese tasting spot, bank, post office, and two charming restaurants. Not to mention that on Wednesday mornings an open-air market takes place along the main street. The villa is a lovely walk into town (about 10 minutes or 1.2 kilometers)
- Coffee maker
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Stove (gas)
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Drying Rack/Clothes Line
- Family Friendly
- Hair dryer
- High Chair
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Linens & Towels
- Panoramic View
- Washing Machine
- Outdoor barbeque
- Private Parking
- CD Player
BedsTower Bedroom1 queen (queen bed 1,90x 1,70)Roses Bedroom1 queen (queen bed 1,90x1,70)Kid's Bedroom1 queen bed (or 2 singles) (two singles beds that can be joined upon request :1,90 x 0,85)
BathroomsBathroom 1(En suite full bath) toilet, bidet, sink, shower, hand held shower head (ensuite to Tower bedroom)Bathroom 2(En suite full bath) toilet, bidet, sink, shower, hand held shower head (ensuite to Roses bedroom)Bathroom 3(Full bath) toilet, bidet, sink, shower, hand held shower head (adjacent to Kid's bedroom)WC(Half bath) toilet, sink
- The short walk into the charming town of San Giovanni d’Asso for daily shopping.
- The gorgeous countryside views by the swimming pool.
- Dining in San Giovanni D'Asso's delicious restaurants
- Picking, and eating, pomegranates right off the trees by your villa
- Feasting on a home-made meal prepared by a local chef
- Sampling the owner's olive oil
- Wine tasting in the adorable Tuscan villages nearby
- Rentals are weekly, from Saturday to Saturday.
- The security deposit is to be paid in cash upon arrival.
- Final clean included. Extra maid service upon request for a fee.
- Guests will be charged for electricity and heating consumption at the end of their stay. The greeter will read the meter at both check-in and check-out to determine the exact cost. Extra costs typically apply June through mid-September. For more details about this, please inquire.
- There is air conditioning in the bedrooms only. Fans also provided.
All Rentals Include
2018: SEP 1 - SEP 29from $552 per night
2018: SEP 29 - OCT 30from $457 per night
2019: APR 1 - APR 20from $485 per night
2019: APR 20 - JUN 1from $583 per night
2019: JUN 1 - AUG 31from $643 per night
2019: AUG 31- SEP 28from $583 per night
2019: SEP 28 - OCT 31from $485 per night
- Monthly rates based on 28 days for rentals of one month. Longer rentals follow the calendar month.
- Price based on standard occupancy. Larger groups please inquire. Additional fees may apply. Inquire about specials Currency Converter
Unique boutique rentals. Timeless elegance and charm with full amenities and service.
Each vacation or corporate apartment and villa rental selected for their finest level of quality, comfort and privacy.
On your own but never alone: personal welcome, 24/7 availability.
Quality linens and towels, welcome package, and luxe amenities.
Real vacation and corporate homes in local neighborhoods.
Lovingly known as the cradle of the Renaissance, the stunning Tuscany countryside makes for an idyllic vacation destination. Meander country roads passing through the region’s rolling hills and cypress-lined drives, discover ancient architecture and art, and sample a sweet cup of gelato. From historic piazzas to rustic coastline, Chianti to Montalcino to Montepulciano, Tuscany’s diversity offers endless possibilities. Ready for a daytrip exploring one of the world’s great art epicenters? You’re impeccably positioned to visit the likes of Florence, Siena, Arezzo, and even Rome.
- Arezzo - 1 hour
- Ballooning Over Tuscany
- Bike rentals
- Cooking lessons in your Tuscan Villa
- Fashion Outlets
- Florence - 1.5 hours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- In the village of San Giovanni d'Asso
- Montalcino - 20 minutes
- Montepulciano - 20 min
- Siena - 20 min
- Spa nearby
- Truffle tastings in your villa
- Wine Tasting
The villa and gardens were wonderful, in reality even more than on the pictures. We enjoyed the authentic feel, practical amenities, large swimming pool annex deck, astonishing views and quiet location very much. We were well taken care of by Lorenzo, our host. He kept the garden and pool very clean during our stay. We appreciated the practical information available in the house (nearest shops, restaurants, trips, ...). The location of the villa is very peaceful - at night the only sound you hear are birds singing.